Blog #44: The World Map Game

 



Let’s play a game, shall we? Are you all feeling a little stir crazy, having not been able to travel at all or nearly as much as you would’ve liked to this past year? Well, find yourself a world map (online is fine) and get ready to travel, through food! What you’re going to do is close your eyes and point to a spot on the map, and whichever country your finger is closest to, you are going to find a restaurant that features that countries cuisine in your city and discover the undiscovered! If your finger lands on Mozambique, and there is no restaurant that specializes in this food in your city, find the closest country that does. This may take a little “google” research. Are you ready? Let’s go!


I landed on Australia. I checked on line and one of the restaurants listed in Las Vegas is Cornish Pasty. This might actually be a British pub, but to my knowledge, the food is very similar. Now, while I’ve definitely had past-R-ies, I don’t think I’ve ever had a past-Y, so- this will be fun to try! However, I also have my own list of types of food I’d still like to discover something new at and that includes:


Argentinian

Jamaican

Filipino

Lebanese

Russian

Malaysian

Bulgarian

Brazillian


I hate to say it but, the Australian food might come after I’ve discovered something new at these.   Gosh, we are so blessed here in Las Vegas to have the world at our fingertips through food. So, what are you waiting for? Make that reservation and make sure you leave me a comment below and share with me what you tried! Let’s all discover through each other. Enjoy your travels….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #24: What Would Dylan Do?

Blog #13: Fresh out of Water