Blog #32: Restaurant Quality Fish at Home

 



I most certainly cannot take credit for this recipe but I do think it is imperative to share it! I’ve always been a little nervous when it comes to making fish at home but this recipe will have you wanting to make it weekly, if not more! And the best thing about it? It only takes about 25 minutes, from start to finish. Here is the link:


https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/pan-fried-sea-bass-with-lemon-garlic-herb-sauce/


I used fresh halibut from Whole Foods instead of sea bass, and added a minute of pan frying time, on either side. I think the temperature, texture and moisture came out perfectly. What makes this dish so successful is the layering of flavors. You cook the fish fist, and remove it before making the sauce in the same pan (picking up all of the drippings from the fish that was lightly coated in flour). This gives it some richness and texture as well as depth of flavor. Also, there are 3 different kinds of fresh herbs in this sauce and I implore you, please buy and use fresh herbs only! Dried herbs are fine for many dishes but the fresh pop of these herbs totally elevates this dish. I’ve also really started to appreciate the many uses of chicken stock over the past year. When it comes to a combo of moisture and flavor, this is the unsung hero of quite a few recipes. 


Short and sweet today because this recipe speaks for itself! Pair it with a side of roasted broccolini or rice pilaf (or just about any carb or vegetable of your liking!), and you have yourself an incredible, restaurant quality dinner for half of what you’d pay for it out. Enjoy and let me know how it works out for you. I’m confidant that you will love it as much as I do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #24: What Would Dylan Do?

Blog #13: Fresh out of Water